Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Day In the Life


Well, it always seems as if so much time goes by before I can get back to this. I have been working like crazy. here is my schedule:

5:10 wake up, shower, get ready

5:35 wake up Kaleb, Eric, Lauren and Josef. Get them dressed. Give them a small snack. (Kaleb gets free breakfast at scchool. The 3 little ones get breakfast at daycare.) Get in the car.

Drop Kaleb off at our neighbor's. she takes him and her son (best friends) to the bus and I pick them up from after school daycare.

Take the 3 little ones to daycare by 6:15.

go to school. the kids come in at 7:10 for breakfast. My district got a grant 3 years ago so that all elementary school children get free breakfast regardless of socio economic standing. Instruction starts at 7:40.

School gets out at 2:20.

4:45 leave school and pick up Shayne and Kaleb. I have to have them picked up by 5:30. Take them home.

5:30 Pick up the three little ones.

6:30 ish have dinner. clean it up. Clean up dinner. clean up kids.

7:00 baths or scouts. Monday nights I have den meetings with Kaleb's scouting group. I am the den leader. Otherwise we are either getting baths at this time, or getting a little playtime in.

7:20 get pj's on teeth brushed, and vitamins

7:30 all 4 little ones go to bed. the babies usually fall asleep pretty quickly. the boys take alittle bit longer. Eric konks out quickly on school days because he doesn't nap. On Friday he doesn't have school so he has to take a nap at day care.

I can always count on Kaleb and Eric making a trip downstairs at least once for a drink or someother excuse.

8:00 Laundry or dishes (if Annette hasn't done her chore)

8:30 schoolwork. I always bring something home to do. I also LOVE the fall line up of shows. I have to get in my nightly tv. When I first started working, our cable was out for about 2 weeks an we didn't even have time to watch tv. It was just crazy around here.

I usually get to bed around 10 or 10:30.


then I start it all over again. Needless to say Saturday morning is a well needed sleep in. Of course if the kids get up at 6:00 am like this morning, I don't get to sleep in al that long.


Now of course, don't forget that the twins have academic club on Monday and thursday. They have to be picked up at around 5pm. We have boy scout pack meetings on Thursday nights once a month. Grocery shopping, bill paying, and kids appt's to dentist, doctor, and whatever else they need.

whew... I have put so many miles on our new van.


We recently went to Home Depot's Kids Day. It was beautiful. 80's and sunny in early October.



1 comment:

Julie said...

whew is right. I don't go to work all day and I'm still exhausted at the end of the day. Keep up the good work.