Thursday, August 28, 2008

where has the time gone?




so much to say..... so little time. Time really does fly. I can't believe that it will be September soon. We can finally say that Jim has only a year to go. it seemed so much longer when I said 15 months. he sent a video of him reading 2 books to the kids. then the USO sends the video, the 2 books and a stuffed animal in a package to the family. the kids loved it!!! Josef kept on talking to the TV as if Jim could talk back. They are supposed to be getting video teleconferencing sometime in september. We cant wait. My sister's family came along with my mom the last week of July. What a great time we had. We also were able to celebrate the twins 16th birthday by going out for dinner. I got a babysitter for the 4 small ones. It was nice to go out for dinner and not worry about anyone throwing fits (or food). We all went to Mammoth Cave. that was cool. literally cool. It was 95 degrees outside, and about 55 degrees in the cave. So what did the babies do while we were gone???? Artwork.....


Yes the second picture and third picture are of Josef and Lauren's artwork. Josef fessed up to being a "bad boy". Lauren on the other hand said, "No, mommy DoDo do it by DoDo's self." Which would make us famous if Josef could literally draw on his own BACK!!

School has started as of August 5th. Kaleb is in 2nd grade. The twins are in 11th grade. Eric is in his second year of preschool, but already fully prepared for Kindergarten. He doesn't turn 5 until November. His teacher is working on writing and reading with him. He is so excited to learn to read. The babies will be screened for preschool when they turn 3 in September. i am pretty sure they will qualify due to being 4 weeks premature, speech and delayed language. they would actually start going to Eric's school for 1/2 day 4 days a week. AT 3 YEARS!!! amazing. Eric's teacher is absolutely fantastic. She has a Master's in Early Childhood Special Ed. She is wonderful with those little ones.

As for me, I return to subbing again this year. this is not what I wanted; I would rather have my own classroom. But I will work hard to get to know the principals in each school. We try to spend time each weekend at the Water Park at Fort Knox. They close Labor day, so we have only one weekend left. The kids love to go swimming. Eric and Kaleb took swim lessons this summer. They did great, but kaleb was more preoccupied with the "cold" water. Between bugs and cold water... he is hopeless (=

And now for the greatest news we have heard in a long time. My father is now cancer free. Lots of prayers and determination went into his recovery. We continue to pray for his health and strength.

I hope this finds you all well.

Janet

1 comment:

Julie said...

Taylor is on the down slide of 16 going on 17. I think that I'm speechless about that. I love the art work. I brings back so many memories. This kids started school this week and if you are interested they are looking for a Kindergarten teacher here. Life here is busy but we still miss you guys.